Monday, March 9, 2015

Welcome

So... I suppose this is the place for introductions then.

Hey there. Whoever you are. My name is Tyler, I'm 24 years old as I type this, and I hail from the beautiful state of California. More specifically, I call the San Francisco Bay Area home. I'm a fan of sports, a good laugh, and just about everything shoe related. In fact, I'm what some would deem, a Sneakerhead. And this is my blog...



I found myself bitten by the Sneaker Bug relatively recently in life. Only about 3 years ago. But when she sunk her fangs into me, did she drive them deep.  It was with gusto that I began my collection of kicks. Pretty much the entire gamut without discrimination. Nike, Adidas, New Balance, Reebok... All in the mix. Filling out the closet with bags and boxes. Retail, Ebay, hook-ups from the homies. My acquiring knew no bounds. Thus leading to the collection that I tout today.

And while my habit has slowed considerably for the time being, there are still plenty of Saturdays where I find myself awake early, hunched over my keyboard waiting for Nike to send out their online links. It's a constant struggle.

Not only does this happen to be my blog... But Sole Addicted is also my business. I take pride in saying that I organize and facilitate the restoration of worn (and sometimes battered) kicks. Mainly your Jordans, Nike Dunks, Foamposites and the like. You know, high-end basketball shoes. It is through much diligence, practice, and patience that Sole Addicted Restorations was born. To this date, in just under a year of operation, we have had the pleasure and privilege to be trusted with dozens of shoes from private clientele spread out over the western half of the United States, as well as working hand in hand with several shoe boutiques throughout the greater Bay Area as 'hired guns' when demand for restorations become too high for the shops to handle.


It is through that gained experience, and time spent mingling with individuals whose shoe collections mean just as much to them (if not more) than mine means to me that I found a new and fresh passion. Restorations.  The feeling of being able to bring somebody's kicks back to life for them is truly awesome. To see them open a shoebox with the same joy that had when they originally bought their kicks many moons ago brings me both joy and honor. 

We develop connections with our kicks. Big things that happen in our lives, we remember which shoes we were in. Sentiment sometimes means much more than the kick itself. So, when somebody brings me their Flu Game Jordan 12's from 2003 that need some TLC, it's great care, time, and effort that's put into that shoe to get it back to new. Because 2003 might have been a great year for that person.


We chronicle all projects we do on our Instagram page (@Sole_Addicted_Restorations). If you're intrigued in seeing our catalog, or even reaching out for a restoration of your own.  And yes, we do follow back.





Restored White Cement 3's



Fast Times SB Dunks



Restored 2008 CDP 4's


No comments:

Post a Comment