Friday, March 13, 2015

Metallic Gold Nike Foamposites (Release pushed back)

A few days back, to the angst of many many sneakerheads,  Nike announced that their much anticipated metallic gold Foamposites, that were set to hit stores everywhere this Saturday morning, had been pushed back until April 3rd.

While I had no intentions of waking up early and hitting the 'net, or camping at any single shoe outfitter in my local mall for these babies, I can certainly imagine many people who were ready to take that route.

In fact, today at my regular 9-to-5, I overheard two co-workers speaking candidly of shoes. And while I do not attempt to hide my passion for kicks at work, I definitely don't try to interject my own shoe thoughts into conversations that do not involve me. However, after the typical talk of Jordans and upcoming releases, the conversation shifted to the topic of those All Gold Foams.

While one party stood pretty solidly on the principle, "Those foams are gonna eat way too much of my paycheck to sit in my closet for months and months." It seems easy to see that said party was not planning to cop said Nikes. While the other party, stood firmly at the other end of the spectrum, "These kicks are too hard to pass up. Who knows when Nike will drop such heat in Foam form."

Release date delay aside, it brought to my mind a question that all sneakerheads have to confront at some point. Whether subconsciously, or on the surface.... What is the most you would spend on a pair of Nikes? 

Everybody's answer is bound to vary. Kicks mean different things to different people. But what is the most you can justify spending on a pair of basketball shoes that, in all likelihood, will never see a court?

Some of us can throw stacks and stacks of greenbacks towards a growing collection. Others of us must plot and strategically plan our next pick-ups. And with big brands very much aware that people will pay the price they stamp on those tags, where does your limit come into play?


Leave all thoughts and comments below. I'm interested in where everybody stands on this one. 



Update: Just three days after their initial announcement, Nike has changed the Foamposite release date once more. This time, and hopefully the final time, set for Friday March 20th. 1 short week from today.











1 comment:

  1. A few days back, to the angst of many many sneakerheads, Nike announced that their much anticipated metallic gold Foamposites, that were ... nikefoams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete